Tuesday 22 April 2014

Exhibition arrangement

So now that I have been given my space for showing my work and my prints have got back from the printers I have a bit of a problem the end right one in my final arrangement is too dark by the feet and it has thrown the balance of the image completely off (I have edited the image below using the burn tool in photoshop to show how I have received the print) Also looking at my prints I feel that one of the images that my tutor advised me to take out of the series is actually stronger than the end right image now so I am considering swapping this one out for another. 

I have created a template in photoshop using a quick photo I took of my space so that I can more accurately see how the images could be arranged. 

I opened the original photo of the studio spot i had (I had placed paper the size of the prints on the wall before so that it would make it easier for me to size correctly)
I then "placed" one of my finals into the image.
After that I used the perspective tool to adjust the image to a more realistic (This tool is really handy, all you have to do is move the corner markie and it automatically stretches or compresses evenly on both sides)
This is after I used the perspective tool, it is now in a more realistic position and shape.
To finish I used the free transform tool to compress the image sideways so that it really looks realistic
Finally I repeated the process for each of the images to create the set.
Here is the final 3 possible arrangements





No comments:

Post a Comment