Wednesday 28 May 2014

visual inspiration

For these I did a quick search on pinterest to gain some initial inspiration for where i would like to go with this project, From this search I am thinking that I would like to include other subjects as well as ballet dancers - possibly ice skaters, ribbon dancers or pole dancers.

I would really like to start dancing again.... I (Iris) agree with the above comment. I am 56 and I want to begin again to study creative dance and praise dance! I have included this image because even though it is a chalk drawing I love the way the artist has created a silhouette effect around the dancer and really enhanced the gracefulness through the use of texture or lack of texture in some areas.
















#dance #danstheaterwinkel #roosendaalThis image screams strenght to me, that is why I wanted to include it in my visual inspiration, even thought the model is so strong in this it doesn't look masculine. I love the way the photographer has arranged the light to create shape highlights on the model.


















Ballerina / Bailarina / Балерина / Dancer / Dance / BalletI Love the pose of this image and how elongated the model is creating her body through the pose, again I like the way the light is highlighting the outline of the model to create a glow. I also like the fact that you can see where she is in the photograph, she is in a theater and it really adds a sense of depth and story telling to the image.















Ballet; ballerinas live for it. we were born to do it. it challenges us. we invest all of our time to this sport. it is the reason for our blood, sweat and tears. it causes us pain and frustration but we still love it. ballet is our passion, our life, and everything to us and no one but ballerinas will ever understand that.✨I love the use of colour in this image, definitely something I want to take into consideration for this project, I also like the fact that she has concealed her identity through looking away from the camera, it adds a mystery to the photo, also where she is jumping and you can not see the floor it makes it look as if she is floating, this is definitely a good idea to create a sense of weightlessness and grace.
    















  

No comments:

Post a Comment